We are pleased to announce our membership in the
International Council for Adult Education
The Coalition of Lifelong Learning Organizations (COLLO)…
Joins with others to:
- Shed light on major issues in lifelong learning education
- Advocate for policies and actions to achieve education opportunities for all adults
- Engage in dialogue, network, and voice perspectives on efforts to develop, maintain, and improve
the development of adult learning within the United States and internationally.
COLLO acts to provide members with ways to influence international and national polices on lifelong learning and adult education.
Working with the International Council for Adult Education (ICAE) and UNESCO, COLLO provided opportunities for members and others to
consider, conduct dialogues about and provide input on major international initiatives that will affect policies and practices in
lifelong learning and adult education for decades to come, including:
- Preparations for and attendance at UNESCO’s Seventh International Conference on Adult Education (CONFINTEA VII) Adult learning for
sustainable development: A transformative agenda held June 15-17, 2022, in Marrakech, Morocco.
- The 5th Global Report on Adult Learning (GRALE 5) (UNESCO, 2022).
- The United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals, officially known as "Transforming
our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development".
- Rethinking Education: Towards a Global Common Good? (UNESCO, 2015). Commissioned by UNESCO, this report encourages public debate among
education stakeholders, and different sectors, to rethink the purpose and structure of education in the face of present and future
challenges and the targets set by Sustainable Development Goal 4 and Education 2030.
COLLO acts to increase the visibility of and address lifelong learning benefits, practices and challenges:
Contact COLLO’s President firstname.lastname@example.org to receive COLLO News (published periodically).
Also, send ideas on high priority issues for COLLO to address to advance adult and lifelong learning
to Christy or to email@example.com.