We are pleased to announce our membership in the International Council for Adult Education
Join the COLLO Symposium
The Coalition for Lifelong Learning Organizations (COLLO), in collaboration with the International Council on Adult Education, will sponsor an international symposium on Monday, October 3, 2016 to bring together colleagues from around the globe to share strategies and resources for meeting the Goals for Sustainable Development. There will be a very nominal fee for participating on site and you will be able to join the symposium virtually from anywhere via your computer or mobile device without any charge.
This symposium is a RARE OPPORTUNITY to hear from and interact with: Katarina Poplvic, Secretary General, International Council on Adult Education (Serbia); Dan Wagner, UNESCO Chair in Learning and Literacy (Philadelphia); Arne Carlsen, Executive Director, UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (Hamburg); US State Department Staff (Washington); and your colleagues across North America.
To be added to the distribution list for details and registration, please email COLLO's President, Linda Morris, at email@example.com
Register now at https://www.regonline.com/COLLO2016
The Coalition of Lifelong Learning Organizations (COLLO) was started decades ago as a coalition of organizations working to advance adult and lifelong learning. We have brought together leaders of these organizations to advance knowledge, find common ground, and take collective action to benefit adult learners in areas like access, cost, and removal of barriers to participation in education at all levels.
With the growing importance of adult and continuing education to the United States, COLLO provides a forum for:
- exchanging information among member organizations
- building cooperation and collaborative action among member organizations
- developing, maintaining, and improving lifelong learning, adult, and continuing education throughout the United States and internationally
- reviewing new adult and continuing education programs, national policy, and innovative examples of the use of technology
- promoting the best practices of adult, continuing education and lifelong learning
COLLO has achieved these goals through awareness building, advocacy, input on and support of legislation at the state and national levels and in collective action where consensus can be achieved.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda ( www.alphasigmalambda.org )
- The American Association for Adult & Continuing Education (AAACE) ( www.aaace.org )
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) ( www.aarp.org )
- American Council on Education (ACE) ( www.acenet.edu )
- American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC) ( www.adec.edu )
- Association for Continuing Higher Education (ACHE) ( www.acheinc.org )
- Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE) ( www.coabe.org )
- Council for Adult & Experential Learning (CAEL) ( www.cael.org )
- Kentucky Association of Continung Higher Education (KACHE)
- Learning Resources Network (LERN) ( www.lern.org )
- Missouri Association for Adult Continuing and Community Education (MAACCE) ( www.maacce.org )
- Mountain Plains Adult Education Association (MPAEA) ( www.mpaea.org )
- Mountain Valley Adult Education Association ( www.mvaea.org )
- National Adult Education Professional Development Consortium ( www.naepdc.org )
- National Association for Adults with Special Learning Needs (NAASLN) ( www.naasln.org )
- Ohio Association for Adult and Continuing Education (OAACE) ( www.oaace.org )
- SUNY Association of Summer Sessions